Date: 17 October 2017
Math and Science Teacher
BEAM Education Foundation (BEAM) was founded in January 2010 and is located in Chiang Mai, Thailand. BEAM is a registered non-profit educational foundation. The emergence of BEAM was in response to the rising educational needs of marginalized people, migrants, and refugee youth living in Thailand, most of who are from Myanmar. BEAM envisions local, people-oriented, peaceful, and developed communities in Myanmar and Thailand. This can be sustained by empowering local communities through comprehensive education. BEAM believes that migrant youth have the potential to be a part of the larger community development of Thailand, Myanmar, and the ASEAN nations, but they are marginalized due to the difficulties in attaining access to higher education.
BEAM is currently seeking a motivated, dedicated, and qualified candidate to fill the following position for the Advance Language Preparation and Prior Learning Assessment for Continuous Learning and Career Development (ALPPLA) Program and Non-Formal and Informal Education Program (NFE):
Title of the position: Math & Science teacher
Job location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reports to: Higher Education Program Coordinator
Start date: 6th November 2017
Application deadline: 31st October 2017
Job description includes:
Responsibility for teaching students Math & Science in both ALPPLA and NFE Program and skills equivalent to upper secondary level
- Prepare daily lesson plans suitable for student level
- Compose monthly teaching reports and send to coordinator in the last week of each month
- Attend regular teacher and program-oriented meetings that are organized by the program coordinator or Management Board
- Promote actions/behaviors that respect students’ dignity and diverse religions, cultures, and customs
- Participate in school welfare activities, occasional workshops, take part in student support, and review and develop curriculum as needed
- Manage regular assessment and exams to measure program outcomes
- Comply with foundation regulation and operation manual
Experience, qualifications, and attributes
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- University degree or relevant certificate in a related field (e.g. Education, Development)
- English & Thai language skills are preferable and prior teaching experience is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of designated subjects and latest education theories & practices
- Passion for teaching and organization skills
- Patience, flexibility, and strong communication skills
- Commitment for helping students achieve their maximum potential
The position is full time. The candidate must commit to at least 10 teaching hours per week and added time for teaching preparation and extracurricular activities. The salary for this position is THB 15,000/month. Additionally, a work permit and visa will be provided after successful probation period.
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter expressing their suitability and interest in the position by 31st October 2017 to email@example.com. Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately between 30-40 hours per week). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. For more information about BEAM Education Foundation, please visit http://www.beamedu.org.
For job specific questions, please contact the Academic Coordinator.
Wai Phyo Aung
087-178-2005, 081-993-8227, 053-200024